This week starts our Fiji Yogurt Wednesdays on campus after school.
Look for Thomas with his frozen yogurt cart in front of the school at
pick up each week on Weds. The AEACMS Parent Committee will receive 20%
of proceeds. Funds for the Parent Committee go to help with Staff and
Teacher Appreciation Week (STAW) and 8th Grade Graduation, among other
teacher and student related activities. Enjoy some fro-yo and help our
school at the same time!
Great Kindness Challenge
AEA is taking the Great Kindness Challenge, January 25th-29th, with kindness
activities planned for each day. The Great Kindness Challenge is one week
dedicated to performing as many acts of kindness as possible. Here's a schedule
of the Elementary School's events:
- Monday (1/25) - Morning Kindness Tunnels (Parents encouraged to stay after morning line up to create Kindness Tunnels, through which all students will walk), Kindness Literature Stations during all morning recesses, Kindness Checklists distributed.
- Tuesday (1/26) - Crazy for Kindness Hair Day: students wear "crazy" hair to school
- Wednesday (1/27) - Be Kind to the Earth: Parents are encouraged to Park & Pick Up their children after school, or, if waiting in line, to not have their cars idle.
- Thursday (1/28) - Kindness Cards: Students may choose to create a Kindness Card during morning recesses and give it to someone to brighten their day.
- Friday (1/29) - Staff Surprise! Kindness Week reflections.
Art and Design Showcase Nights
AEA Middle School parents are invited to these two very special evenings.
AEACMS students will show off their creativity and presentation skills while
celebrating the work they’ve accomplished in their Art and Design classes during
Semester One. There will also be a used uniform sale taking place these evenings
on the MIddle School site.
6th Grade – Wednesday, January 27 from 5:30-7:00pm
7th and 8th Grade - Thursday, January 28 from 5:30-7:00pm
Middle School Gently Used Uniform Sale
January 27 and 28 from 4:30 to 7pm during the MS art and design
showcase nights. We have girl and boy sizes 8-16 as well as men and women
sizes. All uniform pieces are $2. This event is cash only. Room TBD.
Please feel free to drop your unwanted uniforms at the school any time before
and during the sale. Questions? Contact
MS Parent Committee
Please join us for our monthly MS Parent Committee meetings at 7:50am
on the first Weds of the month, directly before Pastries with the Principals
in the same alternating meeting location (ES/MS). For more information please
contact Catherine McCullough,
MS Parent Communications - or
FOAEA MS Parent Representative.
GCC After School Program Signups
By registering your child into a GCC class, you are supporting the German Intern Teacher program. There are two programs for
Elementary students: Kinger Club and German Homework (the A2 Prep Class is full). There is also a Middle school program for
a student newspaper in German.
All of the proceeds benefit the intern teacher program! Click on the images below for registration fliers.
Want to volunteer at AEA?
If you are interested in volunteering, please send an e-mail to our volunteering
committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.